Assisting and counseling U.S. and other foreign clients in China-based matters
Benesch’s China practice provide our U.S. and other foreign clients with practical advice and assistance to ensure that they are well-positioned to do business in China. We assist and counsel family-owned businesses, private equity funds and their portfolio companies as well as listed companies as they:
• establish China-based wholly foreign owed enterprises (WFOEs), strategic alliances and joint ventures for manufacturing, distribution and providing services;
• acquire shares or assets of China-based domestic or foreign owned enterprises or assets of State owned enterprises;
• establish China-based franchise operations;
• finance the establishment and operation of their businesses;
• safeguard their patent, trademarks know-how, trade secrets and other intellectual property rights in China; and
• deal with tax, employment, land use rights, repatriation of funds and other day-to-day commercial and operational matters in China's often ambiguous regulatory environment.
We assist and counsel U.S. and other foreign clients in every phase of a China-based transaction – from due diligence, through financing, negotiation, documentation and closing. When appropriate, Benesch’s China practice collaborates with local China-based law firms and other local resources to serve our clients in the most efficient and cost-effective way.