Helen is a member of the firm's Intellectual Property/3iP Practice Group where she focuses on technology transactions, data privacy and security, and online contracting. Her experience includes drafting and negotiating business-critical intellectual property (IP) and information technology (IT) agreements, including software license, SaaS, IT services, data licensing, maintenance and support, reseller, development, collaboration, and data protection agreements.
Helen lived in Japan for a number of years and is conversational in Japanese.
Her experience includes:
- Drafting and negotiating software license, software-as-a-service (SaaS), and information technology service agreements.
- Developing template agreements (e.g., software license agreements; SaaS agreements; various services agreements; software and hardware evaluation agreements).
- Counseling clients on electronic contracting, the legal implications of working in the IoT (Internet of Things) space, and related regulatory frameworks.
- Leading an enterprise-wide effort to develop and implement modernized confidentiality agreement templates and process; training paralegals and law clerks to take greater role in the review and management of confidentiality agreements.
- Implementing processes and procedures for the in-house review of open source software licenses.
- Drafting and negotiating license agreements for copyrighted publications.
- Three years’ of experience practicing law in-house at a Fortune 100 insurance company.