Emily represents corporate clients in consumer fraud, false advertising/labeling, and trade secret misappropriation matters. She focuses her practice on clients that provide products and services directly to consumers, and she has a depth of experience in class action defense. Emily has served as first chair in every stage of litigation, from the initiation of a complaint through trial and the appellate process, and she has achieved success for her clients at each of these phases.
Emily is an adjunct professor at Northwestern University School of Law. She graduated with a BA in English Literature, with distinction, from the University of Virginia in 2001 and received her JD, cum laude, from Northwestern University Pritzer School of Law in 2006, where she served as the Membership Editor of the Northwestern University Law Review. Ms. Dillingham clerked for the Honorable Robert W. Gettleman on the US District Court for the Northern District of Illinois from 2006-2008.
- Secured summary judgment and decertification of a conditionally-certified collective action in a FLSA matter where plaintiffs challenged classification as independent contractors.
- Secured dismissal with prejudice of federal and state consumer fraud claims for national physical therapy chain.
- Negotiated favorable settlement for national baked goods and coffee chain in putative class action alleging false advertising of product content; case was resolved on an individualized basis.
- Negotiated favorable settlement for national food delivery platform in putative class action alleging false advertising and unfair competition; case was resolved on an individualized basis.
- Achieved settlement for proprietary higher education institution in false advertising matter brought by the Federal Trade Commission.
- Represented pharmaceutical manufacturer in ongoing multi-district and multi-state litigation alleging false advertising of pain medication.
- Represent national dental services organization in putative class action lawsuit alleging false advertising.
- Member of trial team in a proceeding seeking rejection of the company's collective bargaining agreements.*
- Negotiated successful settlement for energy exploration company in a breach of contract action regarding management of drilling operations.*
- Achieved settlement for proprietary higher education institution in false advertising case brought by the Federal Trade Commission.*