Sean is a partner in Benesch's Litigation Practice Group with deep experience in both trial and appellate litigation throughout all of Delaware’s state and federal courts. His practice includes the areas of corporate litigation, complex commercial litigation, business tort matters, and business litigation. He handles complex litigation matters ranging from breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, business divorce, partnership disputes, and securities fraud. Sean also represents employers and employees in expedited matters relating to the enforcement of restrictive covenants, trade secrets, and contractual non-competition provisions, as well as matters including wage and hour, harassment, discrimination, retaliation, breach of contract, unfair competition and wrongful termination claims.
Recent Representative Experience
- Won a multi-day bench trial in the Court of Chancery involving claims of usurpation of corporate opportunities, and successfully argued in favor of immediate dissolution of the company.
- Achieved a $900,000 judgment in breach of contract and fraud action in Delaware’s Complex Commercial Litigation Division.
- Counsel for group of investors seeking to recover a large investment from a company based on allegations of mishandling funds. Matter settled immediately before opening statement for $895,000.
- Won summary judgment in a whistleblower lawsuit brought against a charter school for purportedly covering up allegations of student misconduct.
- Won an 8 Del. C. § 225 action invalidating the improper election, and requiring the immediate removal, of a corporation’s board of directors.