Vincent Gnoffo is a partner in the firm's Intellectual Property/3iP Practice Group. He focuses his practice on patent law and helps clients manage their patent portfolios including preparing and prosecuting patent applications, providing patentability, validity, and non-infringement opinions and counseling clients on their patent portfolios. Vince also supervises attorneys and agents in the Intellectual Property/3iP Practice Group. Vince’s range of technology experience includes:
- Software: Internet applications, mobile applications, web portals, computer applications, consulting applications, control logic, wireless communications protocols, privacy leakage detection, software for online banking, software for building management, software for call centers, software for online advertising, software for online sales, aeronautical control software, virtual keyboard applications, software for ignition controls, freight tracking software, telematics, electric vehicle software, attendance tracking, imagery software, machine learning, linguistic expressions, network monitoring, content tracking for medicine containers, fatigue strength prediction for alloys, power management, data mining, blockchain;
- Electrical: antenna systems, control systems, digital signal processing, digital filtering, telecommunications and computer networks, cellular telephone systems, medical analysis equipment, analog technologies, electro-optical devices, navigations systems, telemetry devices, telematics, GPS systems, voice-over IP (VoIP), call center technology, semiconductor lasers, semiconductor fabrication, transistors, disk drives, audio applications, RFID, hybrid electric vehicles, lighting and home automation systems, power tool control circuits, vehicle tracking system, power meters, harvesting systems, loud speakers;
- Medical: pulse oximeters, eye implant devices, diagnostic equipment, anesthetic cable protectors;
- Mechanical: motors and generators, packaging equipment, lift cranes, loud speaker designs; and
- Business Methods: Internet advertising systems, Internet-based targeting systems, web-based methods, predictive analytics.
Vince’s areas of legal expertise includes:
- Perform patent harvesting/determine patentability of innovations;
- Advise on how to avoid infringing competitor/third party patents;
- Overcome 101 subject matter rejections;
- Develop global strategies for company patent portfolios;
- Provide litigation support;
- Evaluate patents for acquisition.
Prior to practicing law, Vince gained practical engineering experience working as an application engineer for a diesel engine distributor.