Jared represents Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs), institutional investors, lenders, private equity funds, family offices and other public and private investors, developers and owners of commercial real estate, with a particular focus on large scale development projects and corporate real estate.
This work includes counseling clients in the acquisition and sale of commercial properties, entity planning (including formation and structuring with respect to joint ventures, limited partnerships, limited liability companies and corporations), leasing, development, corporate facilities management, asset management, commercial lending and debt restructuring.
- Represented a fully-integrated real estate developer, owner and manager of retail properties in the conversion of enterprise-level equity held by an international institutional investor to senior debt held by that investor, which included redemption of the existing equity interests, creation of new debt instruments, modification of existing senior and junior debt documents, and amendment and restatement of the client’s joint venture agreement with the institutional investor.
- Represented a publicly traded REIT in its acquisition of three commercial truck repair garages/warehouses in Ohio and Michigan in a $10,250,000.00 sale-leaseback transaction.
- Represented a major North American automobile manufacturer in the disposition of two very large former plants, located in Ohio and Indiana.
- Negotiated multi-pronged risk transfer and risk management provisions to protect client.
- Represented a Florida developer, owner and manager of shopping centers in the recapitalization (debt and equity) of ten shopping centers in southern Florida.
- Represented a fully-integrated real estate developer, owner and manager of retail properties on the acquisition of a distressed shopping center in the Orlando, Florida area valued at over $38 million and on the $28 million loan secured by the shopping center.
- Represented a fully-integrated real estate developer, owner and manager of retail properties on the acquisition of a shopping center in the Fort Worth, Texas area valued at over $58 million and on the $30 million loan secured by the shopping center.
- Representing a NYSE-listed REIT in the negotiation of a construction loan and preferred equity financing in connection with a large multi-phased, mixed-use development (with retail, multifamily and other uses) in Illinois.
- Represented a private real estate investment firm in the restructuring of a $300 million debt & equity facility, to fund the acquisition of large shopping centers and redeveloping them into mixed use projects.
- Represented Canadian developer, owner and manager of multifamily residential property in in the acquisition and financing of 560+ unit multifamily development in Texas valued at $68 million.