Leah focuses her practice on counseling clients from a broad range of industries on the tax aspects of a variety of transactions.
She has experience representing public and private corporations, fund managers and institutional investors in connection with mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures, and real estate transactions. Leah also represents U.S. and international corporations in connection with public offerings of debt, equity, and other financial instruments.
In addition, Leah advises numerous REIT clients in their transactional and operational planning.
- Represented the investor in its preferred investment in a start-up business in the fintech industry.
- Represented the buyer in its add-on acquisition of a provider of disaster restoration services.
- Represented a national vehicle dealership chain in the negotiation of a mortgage loan to be used as indirect financing for the future expansion of the client’s business and related acquisition of other assets.
- Represented one of the largest multifamily developers in the country as the seller in its disposition of five affordable housing properties in Texas totaling over $73,000,000, with three sales structured as partnership interest entity sales and the other two structured as fee simple sales.
- Represented one of the largest multifamily developers in the country as the seller in its disposition of two affordable housing properties in Texas totaling over $50,000,000, with one sale structured as a partnership interest entity sale and the other structured as a fee simple sale.
- Represented buyer in its acquisition of a disaster restoration services company from an ESOP.
- Represented Orbital Health in a $600,000 pre-seed venture capital investment leb by Comeback Capital and including Right Side Capital Management, EV Private Investments and GAM Investments.
Represented California cannabis company The Parent Co. its acquisition of dispensary and delivery company Coastal Holding Company for stock consideration.
- Represented Gridiron Capital in its acquisition of AML RightSource — a Cleveland-based provider of anti-money-laundering, Bank Secrecy Act and related financial crime-fighting services — from its prior private equity owner, New York’s Clarion Capital.
- Represented the seller in its disposition of its fire-sprinkler installation and service business to private equity.