Sean regularly represents public companies, privately held businesses, and private equity and hedge funds in their mergers and acquisitions and corporate finance matters.
Sean also has significant experience in securities transactions and reporting, corporate governance, and general business matters, including representing private equity and hedge fund clients in their fund formation efforts. He also represents limited partners in their investments into hedge funds, funds-of-funds, real estate opportunity funds, and other private equity investment funds. Finally, Sean represents growth companies in their fundraising efforts and in the negotiation of strategic partnerships.
Sean has significant experience advising financial institutions and other companies participating in the payment systems industry. He has led teams on numerous mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, and investments involving all aspects of the payments industry, including payment processing, pre-paid and gift cards, betting and gaming, Ecommerce transactions, and PCI compliance. Sean also has significant experience drafting and negotiating joint venture, revenue sharing, referral and sponsorship agreements for industry participants.
- Represented Loar Group in its asset acquisition of a designer and manufacturer of high-quality de-icing systems for corporate and general aviation aircraft, flexible couplings and surge boots used in airborne refueling technology, and hovercraft skirts for use by the United States Armed Forces.
- Represented NCR Corporation in its $184 million acquisition of JetPay Corporation, a vertically integrated provider of card acceptance, processing, payroll, payroll tax filing and human capital management services.
- Represented management in a management led buy-out of a manufacturer of aerospace components from its private equity sponsor for $365 million.
- Represented Worldpay, a leading provider of payments processing services and related technology solutions for merchants and financial institutions, in its acquisition of Paymetric, a portfolio company of Francisco Partners.
- Represented Worldpay in its acquisition of Moneris Solutions, Inc. from Moneris Solutions Corporation for $425 million.
- Represented a publicly held company in its $250 million acquisition of a component manufacturer for the healthcare and medical device markets.
- Represented Worldpay in its $361 million stock acquisition of a leading independent E-Commerce payment processor.
- Represented an alternative investment firm with assets under management in excess of $4 billion in all of its secondary market transactions.
- Represented a syndicate of secondary interest buyers (including two dedicated secondary funds) in their acquisition of a portfolio of private equity interests from a large family office.