Reed is an innovative environmental attorney who combines expert analytical, research, writing, consulting and litigation skills to assist clients large and small. He is well versed in e-discovery, motions practice, trial preparation, litigation, mediation and arbitration, as well as counseling clients in the areas of Hazardous Materials Transportation and OSHA compliance and enforcement matters.
Reed manages a broad range of regulatory and litigation-based environmental, safety and health matters involving all major federal and state statutes and regulations. Some of his matters include:
- Successfully defended a corporate client, as second chair, in a week-long arbitration claim for indemnification.
- Part of a trial team that successfully defended a client in a class action alleging nuisance, negligence, and trespass.
- Part of a trial team that defended a client against subrogation claims involving underground storage tanks.
- Served on a trial team that defended a client against criminal citations issued under Hazardous Materials Transportation Act.
- Effectively defended a client against OSHA citations related to the release of hydrogen cyanide.
- Worked with a manufacturer to resolve issues involving OSHA’s process safety management requirements.
Prior to joining Benesch, Reed served as Director of an electrical engineering company based in New Zealand with over 100 employees and EBITDA of over $30 million (NZD) and was also an environmental associate at an AM Law Top 40 law firm. Reed clerked for the Honorable Magistrate Judge John D. Roberts at the U.S. District Court for the District of Alaska and also for the Honorable Deputy Presiding Judge Vanessa H. White at Palmer Superior Court.