Amy focuses her practice on counseling a broad range of clients (including private equity funds and their portfolio companies, as well as other privately owned companies and their founders) in connection with a wide array of acquisitions, dispositions and investments.
Additionally, Amy regularly serves as outside general counsel to private equity-owned portfolio companies and other public and private companies, providing them with ongoing support in connection with their day-to-day business operations and advising them in the negotiation of their key commercial contracts.
- Represented Great Day Improvements in its acquisition of Champion Windows, a leading direct-to-consumer company headquartered in Sharonville, OH outside of Cincinnati, OH.
- Represented Signet Jewelers, the world’s largest retailer of diamond jewelry, in its acquisition of Diamonds Direct USA Inc., a direct-to-consumer destination retailer, for $490 million.
- Represented the seller, a leading supplier in the natural cosmetics industry, in the sale of its business.
- Represented the buyer in its acquisition of a controlling interest in a manufacturer of dietary supplements.
- Represented a private equity buyer in its acquisition of a provider of consulting, staffing and compliance services for higher education institutions.
- Represented sellers in the sale of their industrial and commercial plumbing and HVAC service businesses.
- Represented Vizzle® (a/k/a Monarch Teaching Technologies), a web-based platform that includes visual, interactive lessons for special education students and students with autism, in its acquisition by Rethink Ed, an award-winning technology developer of cloud-based tools, training, and supports for students with special needs.
- Represented Duramark Products Inc.(Formerly Ritrama USA), a market leader in the design and manufacture of self-adhesive materials, in the acquisition of the company’s Minnesota and South Carolina facilities by Mactac®. Mactac, a LINTEC Company, is a leading manufacturer and distributor of pressure-sensitive adhesive materials used in label printing, graphic design, packaging, and retail display, among others.
- Represented the buyer in its acquisition of a jewelry subscription and retail business.
- Represented Loar Group, Inc. in its acquisition of Hydra-Electric Company, a Burbank, California headquartered designer and manufacturer of custom engineered, high precision pressure, temperature and flow switches and sensors. Hydra’s products can be found on the world’s most popular legacy and next generation aerospace and defense platforms including: B787, B777, B737, A320neo, A350, F35, F18, Bell 214, Sikorsky S-92, Augusta Westland AW 189, G650 and Pilatus PC12 and PC24.