Ruby is an experienced trial and appellate attorney who focuses her practice on collaborating with business teams to conduct internal investigations and discovery, formulate both offensive and defensive trial strategy, and bring commercial litigation matters to efficient and effective resolution as quickly as possible.
Ruby has experience first chairing trials in both state and federal court, preparing for and presenting oral arguments, advising clients on litigation strategy and potential outcomes, defending favorable outcomes on appeal, and providing an assessment of risks versus rewards in commercial litigation matters.
*Matter completed prior to joining Benesch.
- Counseled landlords and small business owners in physical accommodation litigation brought against them under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).*
- Represented petitioner in state court trial regarding division of assets.*
- Served on trial team representing plaintiff in the first-ever case to be tried challenging an individual’s wrongful placement on a government watchlist; through public records act request, obtained documents reflecting the government’s error and proceeded to a bench verdict in plaintiff’s favor.*
- Obtained workplace violence prevention restraining order on behalf of entertainment company against aggressive and violent self-proclaimed animal rights activists.*
- Successfully defended corporate executive against contract claims brought in multiple venues arising from a singular asset purchase transaction, prevailing on motion to quash state court summons and motion to dismiss federal court complaint.*
- Represented plaintiff in highly contentious breach of oral contract action, obtaining settlement on the eve of trial.*
- Represented Am Law 100 firm in workplace violence prevention restraining order brought against former employee.*
- Represented trustee in probate, civil and criminal proceedings stemming from accusations of embezzlement.*
- Negotiated settlement for start-up client in payment dispute with industry giant.*
- Defended federal action brought by serial litigants against entertainment company, obtaining defense jury verdict and success on appeal.*