Sara represents healthcare providers and technology companies in matters related to data privacy and security, healthcare regulatory compliance, and mergers and acquisitions.
Sara’s practice focuses on counseling clients on various digital health matters, including artificial intelligence, breach notification, mobile applications, and telemedicine. Sara’s experience includes advising clients on transferring data across multinational borders, implementing compliance programs, launching health apps, and responding to federal investigations and security incidents, including ransomeware attacks. Her experience extends to consumer and minor patient rights, medical staff relationships, and transactional matters.
Prior to entering private practice, Sara worked for the United States Department of Health and Human Services, Office for Civil Rights (OCR). Before receiving her law degree, Sara applied her degree in biology to medical research projects, concentrating on epigenetics and immunologic responses in cancer patients.
- Represented national health systems and Fortune 50 companies in the creation and implementation of a global data privacy and security compliance plans, data breach investigations, and Attorneys General inquiries.
- Represented hospitals and national practices in DOJ and HHS criminal and civil investigations, claim disputes, and subsequent corrective action plans.
- Represented a global medical device company in restructuring compliance program to minimize EU, federal, and state data privacy risks to $90M+ annual service contracts.
- Represented a Fortune 100 company in acquiring FDA mobile applications.
- Represented a Fortune 100 company and state-of-the-art academic facility in a clinical research unit partnership and related compliance matters.
- Represented investors on regulatory matters in a $100M+ acquisition of a lab testing company and a $1B+ acquisition of a foreign healthcare company.
- Represented a pediatric hospital with respect to innovative delivery systems and community outreach efforts.
- Represented global transportation companies related to healthcare transport and reimbursement matters.
- Represented global mobile application and national telemedicine companies in healthcare regulatory matters and start-up initiatives.