Benesch is pleased to announce that Rachel Winder has been selected as the National Association of Women Business Owners (NAWBO) Columbus Women’s Business Champion for 2020.
Each year NAWBO Columbus recognizes one outstanding person who advocates for the growth and success of women business owners. As this year’s recipient, Rachel:
- Actively supports legislative or regulatory action designed to help women-owned small business
- Works to increase business and financial opportunities for women
- Creates the conditions for women business owners to achieve their full potential
- Improves the business climate for women-owned businesses
- Consistently advocates for the women-owned business community as a whole, not solely for individual or personal advancement.
With more than 25 years of experience working in and around Ohio government, Rachel understands how public policy shapes the lives of every Ohioan. Rachel is passionate about educating policymakers about the impact women-owned businesses have in communities. She worked on legislation to pass the first Women’s Business Enterprise (WBE) Certification program in Ohio and continues to work with Ohio’s government officials to create the rules for the program.
NAWBO also recognized Rachel as a Change Agent for Women Business Owners and Champion of Ohio WBE Certification.
Learn more about NAWBO by visiting their website.