Allyson represents clients in complex corporate and commercial litigation matters in state and federal court, as well as before the American Arbitration Association.
Allyson is experienced in all phases of litigation from pre-suit investigation through trial, and if required, appeal. She advises and represents clients in a vast array of industries from large psychotherapy conglomerates to local affiliates of sizeable corporate entities. Allyson regularly represents and advises clients with regard to subpoena responses, government investigations, and general commercial and consumer-related disputes.
In addition to her commercial litigation practice, Allyson represents and advises construction clients in disputes involving liens and breaches of contract.
Before joining Benesch, Allyson served as an extern to Magistrate Judge Jonathan D. Greenberg of the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio. She also served as a certified legal intern for the Lake County Public Defender’s office where she regularly defended juveniles in cases involving misdemeanor offenses.
- Assisted with drafting a successful appellate brief regarding choice of law and claims provisions in a contract between a contractor and subcontractor relating to a large scale project commissioned in Michigan.
- Second-chaired a bench trial on behalf of a large scale investment bank against claims of usurious interest. Assisted with trial preparation, as well as pre-trial drafting of pleadings, as well as discovery, dispositive, and trial motions.
- Assisted in defense of Fortune 500 company in Telephone Consumer Protection Act and Fair Credit Reporting Act litigation. Assisted with drafting of pleadings, discovery, dispositive motions, and trial motions.
- Successfully negotiated and resolved consumer disputes against a sizeable motor vehicle company and its dealerships.
- Provide compliance counseling to psychotherapy conglomerate regarding duties in responding to a subpoena, as well as compliance with government investigations.
- Serve as outside General Counsel to professional association of +52,000 nurse anesthetists. Recently, filed an Amicus brief on behalf of AANA regarding scope of practice and title preservation in the New Hampshire Supreme Court.