Kate concentrates her practice on complex commercial litigation, class action litigation, securities litigation, and corporate internal investigations.
She has been involved in litigation in state and federal courts throughout the United States and has represented Fortune 500 companies in confidential internal investigations.
*Matter completed prior to joining Benesch.
- Represented CGB Diversified, a crop insurance provider, in a matter brought by GemCap, an asset based lender, alleging breach of contract and other counts, and seeking over $15 million in damages. Obtained dismissal of all claims that raised complex res judicata issues.*
- Successfully argued a motion in federal court on behalf of a multinational computer technology company, resulting in the effective termination of a consumer class action against that company.*
- Defended depositions in a complex tort case involving a regional healthcare network.*
- Represented a class of deaf and hard of hearing inmates in a class action against the Illinois Department of Corrections seeking to protect the inmates’ constitutional and statutory rights.*
- Represented a family-owned food company in a $5.7 billion defamation lawsuit against a major television news network. Represented a Fortune 500 insurance company in a variety of complex litigation and internal matters.*
- Conducted an independent third-party review of a high-profile division of the City of Chicago based on allegations of misconduct and/or federal civil rights violations.*