"Marc values my business and he understands the fast pace of the industry." - Chambers USA 2020
Marc Blubaugh is partner and Co-Chair of the firm’s Transportation & Logistics Practice Group. Marc regularly consults with clients regarding contracting practices and operating procedures, helps clients navigate the changing regulatory landscape, manages regulatory investigations, advises regarding best supply-chain practices, and provides strategic and business advice to help clients not only minimize liability but, just as importantly, to grow their businesses.
Marc has litigated a wide variety of transportation and logistics-related cases in state and federal courts throughout the United States as well as before administrative bodies. Among other things, he represents international and domestic carriers of all modes, freight forwarders, transportation brokers, warehousemen, other third-party logistics providers, and commercial shippers in a diverse array of surface, air, and ocean disputes including, but not limited to, high-dollar cargo claims, freight charge and pricing controversies, breaches of transportation, logistics, and warehousing agreements, prosecution of subrogation claims, insurance coverage disputes, trade-secrets and unfair competition litigation, and class action defense. He also defends carriers, third-party logistics providers, and shippers in catastrophic injury actions arising out of the transportation of goods.
Marc also devotes a portion of his practice to representing clients in the health care industry—primarily handling business disputes involving nursing homes, assisted living facilities, rehabilitation therapy services providers, pharmacies, pharmaceutical and medical device distributors, and the like.
- Represented a transportation provider in arbitration involving a cross-dock operation.
- Serves as outside general counsel to a prominent and related trade association.
- Represented a freight broker with $1.5 million freight claims involving electronics.
- Represented a 4th party logistics provider sued in connection with a massive warehouse fire.
- Successfully represented a drug distributor sued by a intrastate courier for various business torts.
- Successfully prosecuted and defended various cases throughout the country involving freight charges.
- Represented a property owner in trial court and on appeal in a complex partition dispute involving several million dollars of Columbus real estate.
- Won summary judgment in federal court in favor of a defendant shipper who had been sued for negligent/reckless loading that allegedly caused a catastrophic accident.
- Provide strategic advice to motor carriers, surface freight forwarders, surface transportation brokers, air freight forwarders, ocean transportation intermediaries and other intermediaries.