For nearly twenty years, Michael has helped clients resolve disputes in a broad range of litigation matters, including those involving unfair competition, intellectual property, products liability, construction and environmental issues.
Although always focused on obtaining optimal outcomes in the most efficient manner possible, Michael relishes the opportunity to advocate for his clients in court. Michael began his career as a law clerk to federal judges at both the trial and appellate levels, where he gained insight into the thought processes of both judges and juries. He has since used that experience to achieve success for clients in courtrooms throughout the United States. Michael has helped his clients win bench and jury trials, as well as appeals, in both federal and state courts.
*Matter completed prior to joining Benesch.
- Played a lead role in securing a $32.9 million verdict for a bankruptcy trustee following a lengthy trial on a breach of contract claim arising from a Ponzi scheme.*
- Defeated a regulatory challenge to an air permit for a new $1.3 billion steel-making facility following a lengthy administrative hearing and subsequent appeal.*
- Obtained a multimillion-dollar settlement on behalf of a Fortune 500 electronics manufacturer in a lawsuit for breach of an intellectual property license.*
- Prevented a business competitor from obtaining an injunction to stop construction of a $200 million industrial facility.*
- Secured a multimillion-dollar verdict following a jury trial in a dispute involving a series of software licenses.*
- Helped successfully defend a securities class action aimed at derailing a $500 million going-private transaction.*
- Successfully defended a Fortune 500 construction company in a series of contract disputes.*
- Successfully defended a Fortune 500 media company following a jury trial on a $17 million claim for breach of a longterm supply contract.*
- Secured a multimillion-dollar settlement on behalf of an oil and gas exploration company arising from a mineral rights lease.*
- Negotiated a series of settlements on behalf of a software developer arising from other entities' misuse of the client's software.*