John focuses his practice on complex corporate restructuring matters and commercial litigation in state and federal courts throughout the country.
John has represented debtors, official creditor committees, creditors, lenders, and parties to adversary litigation in chapter 11 and chapter 7 bankruptcy proceedings, both in Delaware and other jurisdictions. In addition, John has represented clients in various industries in all phases of litigation before federal and state courts in Delaware and Pennsylvania, as well as other federal and state courts around the country. John has also represented clients pro bono on behalf of the Office of the Child Advocate in the Delaware Family Court. John is an active member of the Delaware Bar, including the Delaware Bankruptcy American Inn of Court.
Representation of Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors as Delaware Counsel/Conflicts Counsel in the following:
Peer Street, Inc., Case No. 23-10815 (LSS)
- Ruby Pipeline, L.L.C., Case No. 22-10278 (CTG)
- Alto Maipo SPA, et al., Case No. 21-11507 (KBO)
- SC SJ Holdings Inc., et al., Case No. 21-10549 (JTD)
- The Hertz Corporation, et al., Case No. 20-11218 (MFW)
- Dura Automotive Systems, LLC, et al., Case No. 19-12378 (KBO)
- FTD Companies Inc., et al., Case No. 19-11240 (LSS)
- Representation of Chapter 11 Debtors, including Reverse Mortgage Investment Trust, Inc., GenCanna Global USA, Inc., and ArtVan Furniture, LLC
- Counsel to landlords in chapter 11 cases such as Ascena, JC Penney, Tailored Brands, Stein Mart, 24 Hour Fitness, Forever 21, and GNC.
- Counsel to creditors in chapter 11 cases such as Invacare Corporation, Exide Technologies, Briggs & Stratton, and Global Eagle Entertainment.
- Counsel to creditor committee members in Wesco Aircraft Holdings, Inc., Rubio’s Restaurants, and NextSport, Inc.