Robert counsels and represents a variety of participants in commercial real estate transactions, including developers, property owners, landlords, tenants, and financial institutions.
He is the group leader of the firm's leasing team that represents retail, office, and industrial landlords and tenants nationwide. He also has significant experience with advising developers in various aspects of real estate development for a multitude of projects, including shopping centers, office buildings, and industrial parks. Furthermore, Robert counsels sellers and purchasers in negotiating purchase and sale agreements and lenders and borrowers in financing transactions, such as construction lending, permanent mortgage financing, ground lease financing, loan workouts, and loan restructurings.
- Represented a publicly-held REIT in the redevelopment of an approximately 1,000,000 square foot outlet mall after the mall was flooded.
- Represented a private, post-secondary educational institution in multiple sale-leaseback transactions nationwide.
- Represented an advertising company in digital sign and wallscape lease agreements nationwide.
- Represented a publicly-held REIT in the acquisition and development of a Target anchored shopping center in southern California.
- Represented national financial institution in an $8,000,000 loan restructuring with a hotel operator.
- Represented a publicly-held REIT in the acquisition and development of a multi-phased retail development in North Carolina.
- Represented a national financial institution in a $3,500,000 multi-subdivision loan workout with a home builder.
- Represented a publicly-held REIT in the redevelopment of a shopping center involving the relocation and termination of 30 existing leases.
- Represented national developer in multi-phase big box retail development containing over 1,000,000 square feet.
- Represented private post-secondary educational institution in long term lease agreements located in class A office buildings nationwide.