Ira focuses his practice on mergers and acquisitions as well as public and private debt and equity financings.
Ira represents both publicly and privately held companies at various stages of growth. He has been involved in planning for growth companies, helping to position them for growth and liquidity. Ira also represents private equity, subordinated debt and venture funds as well as portfolio companies of such funds.
Ira is the firm's Executive Chairman and serves as a member of the firm's Executive Committee. Ira served as Managing Partner of the firm from 2008-2014. Prior to that, he served as Associate Managing Partner from 2007-2008. Ira has Co-Chaired the firm's Corporate & Securities Group and Private Equity Group.
- Represented Weinberg Capital Group in the sale of its interest in North American Kitchen Solutions, Inc. (dba Hoodmart).
- Represented Aero 3, Inc. and its subsidiaries (“AeroRepair”), a portfolio company of Weinberg Capital Group (“Weinberg”), in the acquisition by GenNx360 Capital Partners.
- Represented Norwalk Furniture in a transaction to give ownership to its employees through an employee stock ownership plan, or ESOP.
- Represented Orbital Health in a $600,000 pre-seed venture capital investment leb by Comeback Capital and including Right Side Capital Management, EV Private Investments and GAM Investments.
- Represented Vizzle® (a/k/a Monarch Teaching Technologies), a web-based platform that includes visual, interactive lessons for special education students and students with autism, in its acquisition by Rethink Ed, an award-winning technology developer of cloud-based tools, training, and supports for students with special needs.
- Represented Duramark Products Inc.(Formerly Ritrama USA), a market leader in the design and manufacture of self-adhesive materials, in the acquisition of the company’s Minnesota and South Carolina facilities by Mactac®. Mactac, a LINTEC Company, is a leading manufacturer and distributor of pressure-sensitive adhesive materials used in label printing, graphic design, packaging, and retail display, among others.
- Represented the CEO and COO of an automotive products manufacturer during its acquisition by a private equity firm in connection with their employment agreements as well as their investments in the company.
- Represented private equity team in its acquisition of an add-on business to its platform company.
- Represented River Cities Capital in its investment in FlexCare Infusion Center, a provider of infusion therapy.
Benesch represented Weinberg Capital Group, a private investment firm focused on well-positioned middle market companies throughout the US, in its sale of Mechanical Servants LLC (dba Convenience Valet).