Joe’s practice focuses almost exclusively on employer and management side labor and employment matters. His experience in this area of the law is wide-ranging and includes litigation in the wage and hour, wrongful termination, restrictive covenant, and work-place injury contexts. To date, Joe has appeared on behalf of clients in federal and state courts or administrative agencies in Alabama, California, Florida, Michigan, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas, and West Virginia.
In addition to his courtroom advocacy, Joe dedicates much of his time to helping the firm’s clients avoid costly litigation through management-side collective bargaining and by providing “day-to-day” advice and counsel to business owners and their human resources departments. In this role, Joe seeks to aid his clients in minimizing and managing the inherent legal risks associated with employing workers in the 21st century while not losing sight of his clients’ most important overall business objectives.
Finally, Joe works regularly with the firm’s private equity clients on buyer side asset and stock purchase agreements both as a labor and employment diligence review specialist and in the post-transaction onboarding process.
Resolved favorably California Class and Private Attorneys General Act (“PAGA”) Action involving more than 200 class members.
- Resolved favorably multiple workplace death cases for energy industry client.
- Resolved favorably workers’ compensation lien asserted by self-insured energy industry client relative to employee severely injured by business invitee.
- Obtained settlement on behalf of home improvement industry client in personal injury claim filed by independent contractor.
- Provided labor and employment specialist support in conducting due diligence on target entities relative to asset, stock, and equity purchase for both private equity and strategic acquisition clients.
- Provide ongoing support to small and large companies in managing the workforce, hiring and discharge decisions, and workplace policy development and implementation
- Successfully negotiated collective bargaining agreements on behalf of energy industry client and its organized labor.
- Resolved favorably multiple workplace dismemberment cases for energy industry client.