Mitch focuses his practice on the representation of private equity firms and their portfolio companies, emerging growth companies, established public companies, and other clients in U.S. and cross-border transactions.
Mitch has experience in mergers and acquisitions, equity and debt financings, and other strategic transactions in a variety of industries, including manufacturing, clean energy, professional services, and consumer packaged goods. He also advises clients on corporate governance and general business law matters.
- Represented Watkins Associated Industries, Inc. in its acquisition of Nova Engineering and Environmental, LLC, a provider of environmental consulting and engineering and construction testing and inspections services.
- Represented a business-to-business media company specializing in the operation of public-private partnership conferences in its sale to a market competitor.
- Represented the developer of a light therapy anti-acne and anti-aging mask, which was later re-commercialized under the Neutrogena brand, to Johnson & Johnson.
- Represented Case Western Reserve University in a joint venture with a Nasdaq-listed multi-product medical device company.
- Represented Macropoint, a supply chain visibility platform that helps shippers, brokers, and logistics service providers track freight-in-transit in real time, in its sale to Susquehanna Growth Equity.
- Represented The J. M. Smucker Company in the sale of its U.S. baking business, including brands such as Pillsbury, Martha White, Hungry Jack, and White Lily, to Brynwood Partners for $375 million.
- Represented Gridiron Capital Partners in its acquisition of Remington Products Company, a leading specialty designer and manufacturer of branded and private label orthotic solutions, including foot beds/insoles, foot care products, orthopedic braces, sports supports and safety/ergonomic products. The target company was 100% owned by the Remington Products Company Employee Stock Ownership Plan and Trust, making for a complex structure.
- Represented a private equity fund in the sale of its portfolio company in the consolidated contract manufacturing space to a private equity controlled Canadian competitor for $91 million.
- Represented a private equity fund in the recapitalization of its agriculture technology portfolio company.