Alan maintains a national health care law practice, including the representation on transactional and regulatory matters of health care private equity and venture capital investment firms, hospitals, post-acute care providers, behavioral health providers, physician and dental management service organizations, integrated delivery systems, and ancillary service providers including retail institutional pharmacy and therapy companies.
Alan’s breadth of health law expertise includes the acquisition and disposition of publicly-held and privately-held health care providers, the conduct of internal and external investigations of alleged fraud and abuse and advising boards and senior executive teams with respect to the results, the litigation of numerous qui tam whistleblower cases, the creation and administration of health compliance plans and programs, and HIPAA and HITECH matters.
- Represented Minnesota-based Lifesprk as co-counsel during a strategic investment from Ucare, Minnesota’s largest Medicare Advantage provider. The investment is part of a broader $20 million series B round, co-led by UCare and a Virgo-managed fund.
- Represented U.S. Healthvest, an innovative behavioral healthcare organization, in connection with obtaining regulatory approval (CON) to establish modernized replacement AMI hospital in Lake County, IL and assisting with licensing and certification.
- Represented AccentCare Inc., a nationwide leader in post-acute healthcare, as healthcare regulatory counsel in its merger with Seasons Hospice & Palliative Care, one of the largest hospice providers in the U.S.
- Represented Asana Hospice & Palliative Care as healthcare corporate and regulatory counsel for ongoing acquisitions, numerous regulatory considerations and as regulatory counsel for the sale of Asana Hospice to Amedisys Home Health and Hospice Care.
- Representation of Bellwether Behavioral Health, a large national provider of services to developmentally disabled individuals, in connection with the appointment of a receiver and the winddown of the company.
- Represented U.S. Healthvest in connection with the acquisitions of Lake Behavioral, Smokey Point and Silver Oaks, all psychiatric hospitals.
- Representation of LifeSprk, whole person senior care, in connection with an innovative risk-sharing arrangement with a large regional hospital chain.
- Represented Providence Group in connection with its acquisition of three skilled nursing facilities located in northern California, including the drafting and negotiation efforts related to the management and operations transfer agreements, master lease, and purchase option agreement on Providence Group’s behalf.
- Represented PharmScript, a leading pharmacy provider to long-term care and post-acute care facilities, in its acquisition of Arxcare.