Chris focuses his real estate practice on development, redevelopment, financings, investments, acquisitions and dispositions of all types of multifamily residential, office, retail, hotel, mixed use and industrial properties in both single-asset transactions and multi-property portfolio transactions.
He regularly represents developers, investors, lenders, private equity funds, and other institutional and non-institutional investors, and owners of commercial real estate. He has counseled clients on all aspects of debt and equity in real estate transactions, including construction financing, permanent financing, mezzanine financing transactions, workouts, complex joint ventures, and partnership matters.
He also has significant experience with distressed real estate assets and bankruptcy, as well as the real estate aspects of business acquisitions and dispositions, particularly with respect to the health care industry.
- Represented one of the nation’s largest multifamily housing developers in a multiple-layered joint venture including a contributing landowner and a large, institutional investor and construction financing for a $52 million 190+ unit multifamily apartment project in a mixed use development near North Andover, Massachusetts.
- Represented one of the nation’s largest multifamily housing developers in a joint venture and construction loan for the financing and development of an approximately $62 million 270-unit market-rate multifamily apartment development in Maryland near Washington DC.
- Represented one of the nation’s largest multi-family housing developers in a joint venture and construction loan for the financing and development of an approximately $100 million 442-unit market-rate multifamily apartment development in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Represented a private, non-bank lender in a variety of loan workout transactions.
- Represented one of the world’s largest real owners and managers in the disposition of a shopping center near Fort Worth, Texas, with a purchase price in excess of $30 million.
- Represented a publicly traded retail REIT in various disposition and development matters.
- Represented lenders in portfolio term loan financings covering dozens of properties in single transactions.
- Represented a Fortune 50 manufacturing company in its disposition of decommissioned manufacturing facilities.