Robert provides counsel to public and private companies involved in complex acquisitions, mergers and divestitures throughout the United States and worldwide.
Bob has led multiple, complex domestic and international acquisitions for several, high profile manufacturing clients as well as serving as outside counsel for a series of complex refinancings of a privately held manufacturer based in Ohio. Bob regularly counsels companies in choice of entity, tax law issues and business succession planning involving partnerships, limited liability companies and joint ventures.
As a recognized authority in the international transactions arena, Bob is frequently called upon to assist clients facing legal issues across the Pacific Rim, India, in Central and South America, and throughout Europe.
- Represented the buyer in its add-on acquisition of a provider of disaster restoration services.
- Represented buyer in its acquisition of a disaster restoration services company from an ESOP.
Represented a seller in its sale of equity, equity rollover and real estate for its alloyed and precious metals and adhesives manufacturing company to west coast private equity firm, where the work earned Benesch the opportunity to continue on as counsel for future add-on transactions.
- Represented Stein Holdings, Inc. in its sale of Stein, LLC and Stein Mill Services, LLC to TMS International, a leading provider of outsourced industrial services to steel mills globally.
- Represented Stellex Capital Management, a middle market private equity firm with offices in New York and London, in its acquisition of Custom Glass Solutions from Guardian Industries.
- Represented Ennis-Flint in its acquisition of ThermoDrop® thermoplastic assets and product line from Potters, and Potters purchased Ennis-Flint’s bead manufacturing facilities. Ennis-Flint is a worldwide leader in the traffic safety, access, rail, and road marking industries providing the most comprehensive line-up of pavement marking materials and electronic control products.
- Represented seller in the sale of its business to a strategic buyer in a Representation and Warranty Transaction.
- Represented a manufacturer and distributor in its exchange of business division assets with a third party.
- Represented the sellers in their sale of SaaS technology offering end-to-end audience engagement and sales tools for radio broadcasters, TV Stations, and publishers.
- Represented a private equity portfolio company in the add-on acquisition of a provider of finance and accounting consulting and staffing services.